The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website provides valuable information about financial aid.
Additional Financial Aid Resources
Financial aid plays a central and essential role in supporting post-secondary education by providing money for college to eligible students and families. Learn more about the different forms (the FAFSA and CSS Profile) of financial aid by visiting:
- Federal Student Aid Office (www.fafsa.ed.gov) Use FAFSA4caster to get a free early estimate of your eligibility for federal student aid.
- Federal Student Aid Office (www.studentaid.ed.gov) Create your FAFSA Account, Apply For FAFSA Aid, and more!
- CollegeBoard – Scholarship Search, College Savings Calculator, College Cost Calculator
- CollegeBoard CSS Profile – Each year CSS Profile gives access to more than $9 billion for thousands of undergraduate, graduate and professional students.
- Information and application for students who do not qualified to file a FAFSA (undocumented and transgender students), for the purpose of applying for the IL MAP grant: https://studentportal.isac.org/en/alternativeapp
Also, to learn more about scholarships please visit each college’s financial aid web site. Additionally, more scholarship resources are available at the following web sites:
- FinAid – The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
- FastWeb – Your Connection to Scholarships, Colleges, Financial Aid and More
- Scholarship Guidance – Helping Schools Every Day
- Cappex – The nation’s largest, multi-billion dollar scholarship database
- Scholarships.com – You find money. College find you.
- AffordableColleges.com – Financial Aid and Scholarships for Minorities
- GoingMerry – One app for all your scholarships.
- Unigo – A comprehensive list of scholarships.
- Best Colleges – A comprehensive list of college-related scholarships.
- Scholarship America – Nation’s largest nonprofit, private scholarship organization.
- https://www.bestcolleges.com/financial-aid/asian-american-scholarships/– Scholarship guide for Asian American and Pacific Islanders.
- https://www.bestcolleges.com/financial-aid/ – Scholarships by demographics and majors.
- https://formswift.com/swift-student#aboutus – Guide to appealing financial aid packages.
- https://www.tuitionfit.org/ – Compares award letters to create a “Kelley Blue Book” of true college prices.
- https://www.premiernursingacademy.org/resources/bipoc-marginalized-student-scholarships – Scholarships for Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Pacific Islander, Native/Indigenous American, veteran, female or students with disabilities.