IMSA Fusion is a teacher professional development and STEM enrichment program for students in grades 3-8.
IMSA Fusion programs are now offered as annual school-level subscriptions providing digital access to the curriculum, including teacher and student pages in English and Spanish. Schools that subscribe have access to the following features:
- One day of face-to-face professional development by IMSA’s specialists
Training is optional but highly recommended!
- 1-year access to the IMSA Fusion online learning management system
These pages include additional professional development, digital resources, and access to the community of learners across the nation who are also teaching IMSA Fusion.
- A full STEM-based curriculum aligned with NGSS Standards
Can be used to supplement lessons or host an after/before school STEM program. Materials are listed in each Fusion program or can be purchased as kits from Flinn Scientific.
- The option to attend a field trip at IMSA
Includes a 90-minute STEM lesson and 30-minute IMSA tour/admissions talk.
* For more information on field trips, contact our administrative assistant Karina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow these Links to Get Started:
Step 1: Review the curriculum choices for your grade band. Choose your curriculum topic(s)
Step 2: Subscribe to the Fusion curriculum choice(s) listed below.
** If you would like to pay with a purchase order, please contact us at email@example.com.
Topics Grade levels PD dates PD time
What's the Story, Data? 3rd-5th July 5th 9:00am - 12:00pm
Medieval STEM 6th-8th
July 5th 9:00am - 12:00pm
Material Science: Living in a Material World 6th-8th July 6th 9:00am - 12:00pm
Climate Change: the Future is Now 3rd-5th July 12th 9:00am - 12:00pm
Out of the Silo: Agronomic STEM 6th-8th July 13th 9:00am - 12:00pm
Mars: Manifest Destiny 6th-8th
July 13th 9:00am - 12:00pm
Organized Sound: STEM in Music 3rd-5th
July 14th 9:00am - 12:00pm
Take Flight 6th-8th July 14th 9:00am - 12:00pm
You Be the Judge 3rd-5th July 19th 9:00am - 12:00pm
Synthetic Score Card: Biotechnology 3rd-5th July 19th 9:00am - 12:00pm
Fighting Fire with STEM 3rd-5th
July 20th 9:00am - 12:00pm
Biological Toolkit 6th-8th
July 20th 9:00am - 12:00pm
Engineering: Design and Build 3rd-5th
July 21st 9:00am - 12:00pm
Dive In: Oceanographic STEM 3rd-5th July 26th
9:00am - 12:00pm
Secret Communications 6th-8th July 27th 9:00am - 12:00pm
Step 3: Purchase materials from the list provided in your subscription or through Flinn Scientific here (https://www.flinnsci.com/products/stem-education/imsa-fusion-flinn-stem-lab-modules/).
By design, the IMSA Fusion curriculum is inquiry-based, problem-centered, competency-driven, and integrative. The learning experiences focus on helping students “learn how to learn” and emphasize collaboration, mathematical thinking, and experimental scientific thinking. Topics relate to the students’ lives, thereby arousing their curiosity and increasing their motivation to learn mathematics and science. Teachers from each participating school are supported with ongoing professional development for the delivery of the curriculum and the use of appropriate pedagogy.
In brief, the program goals are:
- Maintain or increase students’ interest, involvement, and literacy in science and mathematics
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of teachers in science, mathematics, and technology; stimulate excellence in schools
- Stimulate excellence in schools’ science and mathematics programs
- Help increase access to programming for students who are historically under-resourced in science, mathematics, and technology and for all areas of the state