On Thursday, May 21, the Class of 2015 was honored at the annual Senior Recognition Ceremony in IMSA's main gym. The staff, faculty, and student body of IMSA celebrated the many academic, extra-curricular, athletic, and research accomplishments of the senior class, and listened to their peers play orchestral music, sing, and give heartfelt speeches.
Perhaps the most applauded speech came from College and Academic (CAC) Counseling Coordinator Julia Husen, who posited that the number five was emblematic of the senior class. Her speech included the following CAC office stats that featured the number five:
- There were 195 seniors in the Class of 2015 in August and in May, as the Class of 2015 did not lose a single student during their senior year
- There were 155 seniors who applied to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and IMSA's admission rate was over 95%
- There were 45 seniors who were accepted by every single college on their list
The number five was present in many schools' numbers of admitted IMSA students, including:
- 150 (minus 1) seniors were admitted to the UIUC
- 53 senior were admitted to the University of Illinois in Chicago
- 51 senior were admitted to CWR
- 15 senior were admitted to Georgia Tech
- 5 seniors were admitted to Knox, Lake Forest College, Michigan Tech, Valparaiso, University of Arizona, University of California at Berkeley, Grinnell, Missouri S&T, MIT, and Yale.
Pictures of the event can be found on IMSA's official Facebook Page.