We are so proud of our Alumni’s talents and endeavors!
John Hoesley, IMSA ‘89
- Past President of the IMSA Fund for Advancement of Education, is on the Crain’s Tech 50 leadership list. Congratulations, John!
Sasha Rahlin ’04
- Sasha won a share of the $3 million Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics for her work in collaborating with scientists from over 20 countries who captured an image of a black hole for the first time. The Breakthrough Prize, known as the “Oscars of Science,” annually recognizes achievements in the life sciences, fundamental physics and mathematics.
Jasmine Kwasa ’09
- Jasmine was awarded the National Institute of Health 2019 D-SPAN Blueprint Neuroscience F99/K00 Grant.
Forrest Iandola ’08
- Forrest and the DeepScale team was acquired by Tesla. DeepScale’s technology helps automakers use low-wattage processors, to power very accurate computer vision.
Kristen Jakobsen Osenga ’90
- Kristen was named the Austin E. Owen Research Scholar by the University of Richmond School of Law.
Elissa Larkin Conlon ’99
- Elissa received the first Kabiller Humanitarian Award in June. Elissa is a bilingual Speech and Language Pathologist at the Shirley Ryan Ability Lab, previously known as the Rehab Institute of Chicago (RIC).
Claudia Flores ’93, Alexandra Plattos Sulack ’07, Jo Marie Sison ’97
- IMSA featured three Alumni at its 2019 Convocation Ceremony in August, including a keynote by Claudia Flores ’93 and musical performances by vocalist Alexandra Plattos Sulack ’07 and violinist Jo Marie Sison ’97.
Jessica Yagan ’95
- Jessica was recognized as one of the 2019 Most Inspiring Chicagoans by StreetWise Magazine in August.
Matt Bornski ’03, Sharon DeCaro ’03, Anthony Stuckey ’89 and Tamora Kimmett ’91
- These alum served as panelists for the Computer Science Career Forum. Current students enjoyed an evening filled with insightful information and socializing with beloved alumni.
Aaron Victor ’15, Samantha Medina ’16, Isabella Ginnett ’18, Maelee Chen ’18, Jason Barazza ’17, Paul Nebres ’16, and Kadyn Frawley ’17
- These alum served as panelists for our Class of 2019 Senior STEP program.
Sendhil Revuluri ’90
- Sendhil was selected as the Chicago Board of Education Vice-President.
Manuel Perez ‘07
- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot has named another IMSA Alumnus to her leadership team, including Manuel Perez ‘07, Managing Deputy Director of Legislative Counsel and Governmental Affairs.