Dear IMSA Student and Parent/Guardian,
Please carefully read the following instructions and expectations for the SAT testing at IMSA on Saturday, May 7, 2022.
Arrival and check-in:
- Masks are still required at all times inside the IMSA Building. Extra masks will be provided at check in.
- All students must arrive at IMSA no later than 7:30 a.m. IMSA student should enter through the East Gym Entrance (Near Circle Drive), NON IMSA STUDENTS Please Enter through the West Gym/Pool entrance near the Tennis Courts. Please maintain social distancing throughout your time on campus.
- If you are not feeling well or experiencing any Covid symptoms, do not report to IMSA for the exam.
- Bring your SAT/ACT Admission Ticket.
- Bring your most current school ID, driver’s license or passport. You will not be admitted without proper identification.
Parents: Parents may not get out of the cars or enter campus buildings, but please remain nearby until you know your student has been admitted.
During the test:
Students must bring their own pens, pencils, and calculators. Each student will be allowed to bring 1 gallon-size Ziploc bag with writing utensils and snacks. No eating is allowed during the test. However, students may have a snack and a drink during the assigned breaks in a designated location. Students will not be permitted to wander the building or leave the testing location without being accompanied by a staff member.
Phones must remain off and put away for the duration of the test. If a student is seen on their phone at any time, even during a break, CollegeBoard guidelines state that that student’s test to be thrown out and scores to be cancelled.
The standard exam is approximately 3 hours, 15 minutes including breaks (or 4 hours, 5 minutes with writing/essay portion). Students will be dismissed by rows and will need to quickly and quietly exit the testing area using the West Gym Entrance. Parents are expected to pick up their students in their cars. Parents are encouraged to line up curbside to help with the students’ release procedure.
All: Students and parents must wear masks at all times while at IMSA. Everyone must maintain social distancing in the building, as well as outside.
I look forward to seeing you and best of luck on your exam!
Ms. Alexandria Johnson
SAT/ACT Test Coordinator