The faculty and staff of the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy® invites you to join us in shaping and implementing the next generation of innovative and engaging learning experiences. IMSA is actively seeking applications for the full-time position of Program Assistant for Statewide Student Initiatives comprising the areas of IMSA Kids Institute® (KI), Summer@IMSA and student enrichment initiatives. Statewide Student Initiatives (SSI) is part of Professional Field Services (PFS), the Academy unit providing external programs for students and professional developmen
The faculty and staff of the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy® invites you to join us in shaping and implementing the next generation of innovative and engaging learning experiences. IMSA is actively seeking applications for the full-time position of Program Assistant for Statewide Student Initiatives comprising the areas of IMSA Kids Institute® (KI), Summer@IMSA and student enrichment initiatives. Statewide Student Initiatives (SSI) is part of Professional Field Services (PFS), the Academy unit providing external programs for students and professional development programs for educators throughout Illinois. The IMSA Kids Institute® and Summer@IMSA team works with IMSA students, IMSA staff and community partners to develop informative and engaging learning experiences ranging from one-hour presentations to week-long residential summer camps to science demonstrations on multi-media productions. This full time position provides support to all IMSA SSI programs.
The internationally recognized Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy® (IMSA) develops creative, ethical leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. As a teaching and learning laboratory created by the State of Illinois, IMSA enrolls academically talented Illinois students (grades 10-12) in its advanced, residential college preparatory program, and it serves thousands of educators and students in Illinois and beyond through innovative instructional programs that foster imagination and inquiry. IMSA also advances education through research, groundbreaking ventures and strategic partnerships. (www.imsa.edu)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assist in the supervision and development of the IoW program including: curriculum development and implementation, program logistics, assurance of safety protocols, supply inventory and replenishment, and student transportation
- Serve as clerical support for all SSI programs and facilitate SSI program registration
- Assist in the development of SS I marketing materials and scheduling
- Maintain the student participation data, including all mailing lists
- Assist with the development and supervision of safety protocols for SSI program participants, equipment, and proper storage and transportation of materials
- Assist in the development and delivery of new SSI programs including workshops and symposia for external student offerings
- Assist in the development and delivery of surveys and collect data on the impact and effectiveness of SSI programs
- Contribute information to reports for use with internal and external audiences
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The required skills and experience for this position include, but are not limited to:
- High School degree and two (2) years relevant experience
- Experience working with children’s programs in an educational setting
- Excellent communication skills in working with the public and with children in a science laboratory setting
- Confident user of computer technology and peripherals
- Excellent organization and facilitation/presentation skills
- Experience with students and colleagues from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds is essential
- Illinois driver’s license; excellent driving record imperative
- Adherence to IMSA vehicle operations and insurance certification
- Schedule flexibility with limited evening and/or weekend hours
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The Program Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt, employment-at-will position. Salary and benefits are commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. The Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) is reciprocal with other Illinois retirement systems such as the Teachers’ Retirement Systems of Illinois (TRS).
Letters of interest with all appropriate attachments listed below will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled. We are seeking a diverse applicant pool. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information of three professional references to: Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy, Attn: Steve Zant, Job Code: SS-SSIPA-WS, 1500West Sullivan Road, Aurora, IL 60506, (630) 907-5909 Fax: (630) 907-5918, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy also includes the handicapped and all disabled Vietnam era veterans. IMSA utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.