Student service must follow the guidelines below in order to be counted toward their graduation requirement:
- Service must be for a non-profit organization.
- Students may not receive payment, class credit, or internship credit for their work.
- The supervisor may not be a member of the student’s immediate family.
Once a student has found a Service Learning opportunity, the process is as follows:
- The student should schedule specific dates and times with the agency and get their supervisor’s direct email.
- After concluding the service, students must submit their hours through the HelperHelper app.
- The hours will be validated by the site supervisor and the Service Learning Coordinator through the HelperHelper app.
- Once the hours are validated, they will be reflected in the HelperHelper app, and on the student’s PowerSchool page. This process usually takes up to a week after the initial submission.
IMSA has moved to a paperless evaluation system through the “HelperHelper” App. This App allows students reflect on their service learning experience, and allow their supervisors to validate their attendance all in one place. To download the app, click the appropriate links below for your mobile device: