“Belonging to a Community Requires Commitment to the Common Good.”
IMSA Belief Statement
Service Learning provides students with an opportunity to learn about community organizations, the working world, and their role as contributing volunteers.
Service learning can be defined as a teaching method where guided or classroom learning is deepened through service to others in a process that provides structured time for reflection on the service experience and demonstration of the skills and knowledge acquired.
- apply academic, social and personal skills to improve their community
- make decisions that have real, not hypothetical results
- grow as individuals, gain respect for peers, and increase civic participation
- gain a deeper understanding of themselves, their community and society
- develop as leaders who take initiative, solve problems, work as a team, and demonstrate their abilities while and through helping others
For questions, email us: email@example.com