The IMSA Fund provides IMSA with flexibility that is essential in supporting its mission. In recent years, gifts from alumni, parents, corporations, foundations, and other friends have made a tremendous difference for IMSA, its residential students, and countless teachers and students across the state. Examples include:
- An award-winning Robotics Team
- Trips for IMSA students to attend competitions and peer institution visits in Spain, China, and many cities throughout the United States.
- Math and science after-school enrichment programs, professional teacher training, and summer camp opportunities for nearly 20,000 teachers and 80,000 young students from across the state.
- Entrepreneurs-in-training sessions with real-life, start-up business owners for students interested in developing inventions, products, websites, apps, and more through the TALENT program.
- Equipment purchases to help install wind turbines, “green roofs,” bio-fuel experiments and more through the IMSA Energy Center program.
These are just a few of the many programs and projects that only exist because of the generosity and kindness of so many friends and supporters of IMSA. These are not considered mere “extra” at IMSA. These are “difference makers” that cause IMSA to stand out, rise above, and carry on for thousands of deserving students and teachers each year.