If IMSA is closed for the health crisis, many of our IRC resources are still available and we encourage you to access and use them!
Get Research Help
Connie is available for remote consultations via phone, email, or online (Google Hangouts). Email her at email@example.com for:
- Finding resources
- Using the databases
- Developing citations
- Setting up a Google Hangouts session
- Other questions
- For Teachers: Connie is available for class presentations (method TBD)/student (required or optional) individual consultations. Flexible & open to other ideas to meet student/teacher needs.
Online Materials and Tools
The IMSA IRC has digital materials available for you. If you are not on campus, you may be prompted to login with your barcode number (located on your ID) and your last name.
- IRC webpage: https://www.imsa.edu/academics/library/
- List of databases: http://ircguides.imsa.edu/az.php
- PrepStep (ACT, SAT, and AP study materials & practice tests): http://ircguides.imsa.edu/prepstep
- E-Books: http://ircguides.imsa.edu/ebooks
- Research guides (help for particular subjects or assignments): http://ircguides.imsa.edu/?b=s
IRC Dept. Supervisor, Angela Richardson, will be available via phone and e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with your library account including:
- Clearances of fines and fees (including in-house and other CARLI libraries)
- Clearance of library account suspensions
- Renewal of books, CDs, and DVDs
- General library operations/requests
“Most” items may be renewed online at: https://vufind.carli.illinois.edu/vf-ims/MyResearch/Home
*Renewing IMSA items or interlibrary loans before they are overdue will likely allow you to keep your materials 30 more days without incident.
Interlibrary Loan book or article requests
You may submit your interlibrary loan request using the form at :
Jean is available for remote consultations via phone, email, or online (Google Hangouts). Email her at email@example.com for:
- Setting up collections of student work
- Creating a Faculty/Staff Author Profile
- Sharing your favorite teacher resources
Equipment available for checkout to support online classes
- (7) Wacom drawing tablets for use with computers
- (15) Logitech headphones with microphones