As the world navigates a public health crisis, we are, of course, concerned as well about the health and safety of our students, staff, including faculty, and our communities at large. We have been working in consultation with our health partners, Rush Copley Medical and the Kane County Health Department, as well as state and national public health officials.
Therefore, we are announcing to you that IMSA will close its main academic building on Friday, March 13 at 8:00 p.m. and reopen on Monday, April 13 at 6:00 a.m. This includes suspending all campus activities and out of state business travel from March 13 – April 13. The IMSA campus will be suspending face-to-face course instruction and will shift to online learning beginning March 26 through April 13. Students, faculty and staff will stay at their permanent homes until Monday, April 13.
We urge you, as special members of the IMSA community, to heed prevention guidelines, including the practice of social distancing during this global outbreak. Remain out of congregated settings, avoid mass gatherings and maintain a distance of approximately six feet from others when possible.
The Coronavirus situation is evolving and this information may change rapidly as warranted. Please visit IMSA’s Coronavirus Response website for the most up-to-date information and communication as we move forward.
Past 2020 Alumni Events
- January 6-10 | Intersession and Alumni Intersession Luncheon
- January 10 | Chicago Alumni Gathering at Goose Island United Center for IMSA Titans & Bulls Game
- January 12 | Alumni & Parent Association Committee Mixer at Preview Day
- January 21 | Martin Luther King, Jr. Assembly featuring “What is Your Dream?” Alumni Video
- January 27 | Deadline: Alumni Award Nominations
- January 27 | Med Society CCC Alumni Physician Panel
- Interested in serving on the Alumni Physician Panel remotely or in person? Contact email@example.com
- Weekend of February 21 | Harambee Cultural Show and Black Alumni Meetup
- February 25 | IMSA Day at the Capitol in Springfield. Seeking alumni speakers for featured program.
- March 7 | International Women’s Day | Interested in participating? RSVP Now!
- March 12 and 13 | Admissions Review Committee | Interested in participating? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 14 – 22 | Spring Break
- March 28 | Alumni Meet Up – Texas (Cancelled)
- March 29 | Alumni Meet Up – Texas (CANCELLED)
- March 28 | Power Pitch (CANCELLED)
- March 30 | Med Society Panel (CANCELLED)
- April 29 | Student Leadership Exchange (SLX) (CANCELLED)
- April 22 | IMSAloquium (CANCELLED)
- May 20 | S.T.E.P. Program (CANCELLED)
- May 22 | Alumni Awards (Rescheduled)
- May 30 | Graduation