The application for the Fall PROMISE Program is now closed.
To check the status of your submitted application, please access our application portal here.
Decisions will be made available no later than October 1st, 2019.
IMSA is committed to excellence and equity including active recruitment of students from all areas of Illinois. IMSA’s PROMISE Programs address the challenges of culturally, linguistically, and ethnically diverse students through academic enrichment programming at low or no cost. Held on the campus of the Illinois Mathematics & Science Academy in Aurora, Illinois with transportation provided from Chicago, PROMISE programs provide students the opportunity to work with IMSA faculty, staff and student mentors exploring IMSA’s unique learning laboratory and encouraging future admission to its tuition-free residential Academy for tenth through twelfth graders.
- Exposure to curriculum that increases skills in math, science, English and leadership
- Interactive, hands-on learning
- Personal skills development
- The opportunity to experience IMSA’s residential environment
- Preparation for the Academy application process
- Family involvement in the program
Applications are completed online and will require students to send electronic requests for a math or science teacher evaluation and an additional school representative for records.