Welcome to the October 2019 Faculty Connection!
The vision for Faculty & Academic Staff Spotlight is to bring light over the horizon showcasing the work that faculty and academic support staff members are doing to support the uniquely diverse students / learners at IMSA or facilitating effective teaching and learning that results in a bright future for IMSA students.
Here’s what to expect: We will be sharing a brief introduction that includes a bit about faculty/academic support staff members being spotlighted, why they chose to work at IMSA, an example of how they are implementing the academy’s equity policy, doing their work (curriculum, instruction and assessment) through an equity lens, something fun or interesting about them, their favorite book, and favorite movie (see the questions below).
- Why did you choose to work at IMSA?
- How are you implementing the academy’s equity policy, doing your work (curriculum, instruction and assessment) through an equity lens?
- Tell me something fun about you that might be interesting to others.
- What is Your Favorite Book?
- What is Your Favorite Movie?
- Linda Heffein, Principal’s Office
- Amy Keck, Principal’s Office
- Marti Shirley, Mathematics Department
- Joyce Symoniak, Fine Arts Faculty